Course starts in July 5, 2022
About this course
Can women with disabilities change the world?
Yes, they can. This is the affirmation of this Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).
Based on the golden rule “The quality of our relationships determines the quality of our life” and inspired from the latest research in human relations, resilience and positive psychology, it will provide you with a large variety of concepts and tools to flourish at a personal, professional and community level.
By connecting deeply to yourself and others, you can take the lead and influence your world and the world in general, for the better.
What you will learn
- Consider change, at a personal and social level, as a possible and achievable goal by adopting an “Active Hope” attitude.
- Adopt a relational approach to life and fulfilment:
- Relationship to self: Nurture a positive self-image, grow self-esteem and self-lead your life
- Relationship to Society: Adopt a growth mind-set in view of life-long learning and a flourishing professional life
- Relationship to the other: Engage in flourishing romantic relations; Acknowledge your Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Relationship to the community: Become a social change maker through networking & advocacy
- Arab-speaking young women with disabilities, including women with physical, visual and hearing disability.
- Any woman, Arab or English speaking wanting to grow, flourish, and achieve the best of her potential.
- Any person – woman and man – engaged in the field of disability inclusion or interested in disability.
- The course does not require prior knowledge in any specific area.
- The current course design is not adapted to women with intellectual disabilities.
Course Developers and Presenters
Course Monitoring & Production Team
- Rachel Saliba – Consultancy in program Design & overlooking program implementation
- Dr. Itab Shuayb – Accessibility consultant
- Micheline Nasrani Assi – Producer
- Karl Salame - Director
- Bachir Yaghi – Script writer
- Moustapha Kobrosli - Animation and graphics
- Marie-Christine Tayah - Translator
- Nayla Suheil Al Hares - Sign Language translator
- Chadi Al Mokdad – Content digitization
Our Partners & Sponsors
This course was made possible through the following contributions: