The Centre for Lebanese Studies at the Lebanese American University would like to create their own photo stock to use for their publications, print and digital.
We are looking to commission a photographer knowledgeable in photojournalism to take original photos for the centre during winter and spring 2022.
The CLS undertakes research in the areas of:
- Refugee rights
- Disability studies
- History, and social movements
and we are looking to cover all areas with a fresh lens.
- Photography brief
- Challenge the stereotypes
- Based on a participatory approach
- Away from victimization and voyeurism
- Use suggestive abstraction and symbolisms whenever possible rather than subjects posing for the camera
- Denoting activity and lightheartedness
- And denoting seriousness and gravity
Specific themes, dates, locations, and subjects would be discussed and agreed upon in due time.
- Each theme needs 2 days of shooting so the project needs a total of 8 days
- The photojournalist should produce 2 batches of photographs for each theme (Winter and Spring) according to the below schedule (dates to be discussed)
History & Social Movement
Jan – Feb 2022
- A minimum experience of 3 years in photojournalism
- Previous experience in working with NGOs and INGOs on relevant topics
- Familiarity with the legal, political, and social conditions in the context of the chosen themes.
- Editing and retouching skills
Application Submissions Deadline and Process:
Interested applicants should send a relevant portfolio/curriculum vitae CV and a quotation no longer than Monday December 15, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Photographer Commission" in the Subject Title.
NB: As a Centre committed to the protection, privacy and rights every person is entitled to, any photographer working with us would have to understand, agree, and commit to the Centre’s guidelines that would be require signature of documents such as Child Protection Policy, in addition to contract signature..
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.