Salary: USD 1,500 – 1800$ depending on experience and educational background
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies is looking to recruit a Junior Researcher/Project Coordinator for several of its projects related to integrity in education and child violence.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist senior researcher in management responsibility for a major project(s).
- Assist in overall data management including administering transcribing data and data analysis in close collaboration with the Senior Researcher.
- Assist in the design and development of quantitative and qualitative research instruments.
- Coordinate and assist in the collection of research data (quantitative and qualitative), whether primary or secondary
- Conduct literature reviews
- Present research results by writing reports, papers, Op-eds
- Attend project-related meetings
- Work on outreach activities, participate and help to organize international workshops and seminars
- Contribute to writing reports/articles on the research/project as well as assist in writing academic articles for peer reviewed journals
- Support the preparation of the IRB application.
- Develop and maintain close and good collaboration with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Assists the CLS team as needed
The Junior Researcher/Project Coordinator will report on the above activities to the Senior Researcher and supports all CLS team members.
- A Masters’ Degree in Education or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relative experience
- Research experience in one of the following fields: education, anti-corruption, child labor, and school violence
- Research experience in collecting and analysing quantitative & qualitative methodology and data management
- Experience in Project Management and coordination
- Proficiency in the English and Arabic languages
- Creativity and ability to contribute ideas to the project
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include " Junior Researcher/Project Coordinator" in the Subject Title. The deadline for application is Thursday December 3, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies offers equal opportunities for all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental needs.