The Centre for Lebanese Studies at the Lebanese American University is looking to recruit a Media and Communication Officer.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies (CLS) is an academic research centre that works on projects in collaboration with educational institutions in the United Kingdoms and other international organisations. CLS was established in 1984 by a group of Lebanese living abroad and opened an office in Lebanon in 2012 where it is currently affiliated and based at the Lebanese American University (LAU).Projects covered by the Centre are related to education of refugees, curriculum topics, and disability projects.
The advertised position is mid-level.
- Develop (with consultant) and implement the communication and visibility strategies for CLS and different projects.
- Develop (with consultant) and update the communication plan.
- Develop (with consultant) and lead awareness and advocacy campaigns.
- Supervise the production of written content and develop designs for multi-media communications (either within the communication department or in collaboration with technical specialists) for the projects, including but not limited to: Website content, Social Media content, Public Event Content, design and branding for projects and delegation materials (i.e. presentations, project brochures/leaflets, etc.), filmed content.
- Lead and collaborate on the design a body of project communications materials with the graphic designer; photo library, project fact-sheets, leaflets, infographics, roll up banners, brochures, flyers etc.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Attend CLS events and ensure coverage.
- Compile and archive of photos and documentations of all events and activities
- Manage all Social Media Platforms and promoting activities, and monitor the online presence
- Prepare media releases, articles and features.
- Ensure continuous communication with the Marketing and Communications Department of the Lebanese American University.
- Collaborate with donors and partners, governmental institutions, organizations and NGOs.
- Ensure that all project visibility is in line with donors’ visibility regulations and respects CLS and the projects’ brand identity;
- Ensure the dissemination of articles, papers and findings.
- Work closely with the graphic designer, website developer, and other media consultants.
- Support CLS Project Managers with proposal development, in terms of suggesting communications/visibility actions and accompanying budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in media and communication, public relations, marketing, related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in communications management.
- Strong creative and technical writing, editing, proofreading, as well as the ability to present concepts verbally (in English and Arabic)
- Self-motivated and possess excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong team working skills and flexibility
- Expert in MS Office applications, primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, strong strategic planning, and effective time management skills.
- Experience developing, executing, and evolving internal and external communications.
- Organizational skills with attention to details and high professionalism
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Branding and design experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, premiere)
- Taking pictures using semi-professional camera
- Experience with graphic design and video production is preferable.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Salary Scale: 1,500$ - $2,000
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2020 at the latest. Include the title “Media and Communication Officer” as the Subject title of the email.