The Centre for Lebanese Studies is recruiting an operations manager.
The operations manager will be responsible for contributing to three areas at CLS:
Project management support
- Develop project planning in coordination with project managers on all CLS projects.
- Oversee and direct the administrative aspects of all CLS projects such as scheduling, reporting to donors, maintaining effective systems, and meeting deadlines.
- Coordinate project meetings as the principle liaison with governmental offices, NGOs, and other project stakeholders.
- Direct the ethics approval processes as the liaison with the IRB office at LAU.
- Oversee projects’ budgets with with the projects’ managers, finance, and the CLS director.
- Review and finalize all contracts and operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment in coordination with the CLS project managers.
Quality Systems Management
- Analyze and develop the centre’s quality management system in order to identify problem areas, propose solutions, and implement changes.
- Support the implementation of the centre’s policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the centre’s strategy
- Monitor internal HR systems and ensure compliance.
- Provide a solid leadership model for the employees and encouraging them to meet their targets.
- Detect skill and performance gaps in employees to target opportunities for professional development or recruit new staff to fill identified gaps.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between several research groups and departments.
- Supervise the overall communication, media and dissemination plans for CLS.
- Communicate employee issues with the director and devise ways of resolving problems and complaints
- Communicate with legal counsel to ensure all processes remain compliant with governmental or grants’ regulations
Capital development support
- Work with team members to identify new research and funding opportunities
- Provide technical support to the research team in the process of developing research proposals.
- Ten years of experience in project management preferably in academic, research organisations or NGO sector.
- Leading teams over 15 persons and more.
- Knowledge in any of the following fields of refugees, education, disability.
- Experience in applying to research grants and proposal writing.
- Experience in executing projects and meeting targets
- Work in a collaborative manner with the team members.
- Understand general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (reading, speaking and writing)
- Research experience in the field of social studies.
- Writing research proposals and grant applications
- Experience in the academic or NGO sectors.
Application Submissions Guideline
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position.
CLS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
Type of Contract: Full-time 1 year subject to renewal.
Contact Person Name