The Centre for Lebanese Studies is now recruiting an Operations Coordinator to support the office in Amman which manages several regional research projects. This 12-month position will be based in Amman, Jordan, collaborating through remote technology with a multi-sited research team based in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
The Operations Coordinator will support the research teams in handling administrative/ financial matters, support with data entry of the collected material, establish contacts and details of networks working with refugees in the three countries, create a database of collected material, support in the operational aspect of the research, and coordinate with the Operational team in Lebanon (Admin, Finance, and Communication). This position will work under the supervision of Dr Oroub El ABED, Lead Researcher at Centre for Lebanese Studies- Jordan and Ms Rachel Saliba , the Director of Operations at CLS/ headquarters in Lebanon.
Position duration: Full -time position for 12-month period
Location: Based in Amman-Jordan
Start date: Nov, 1 2021
Salary: US$2000 monthly
Application deadline: Oct. 5, 2021
Working under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator will:
- Manage all administrative, financial, and logistical matters for the research team in Jordan and in coordination with Lebanon.
- Develop project planning in coordination with the Lead Researcher, this may entail some research work.
- Direct administrative aspects of Jordan projects such as scheduling, reporting to donors, maintaining effective systems, and meeting deadlines.
- Oversee the financial records through classifying receipts and report back to the finance officers in Lebanon.
- Adhere to CLS’s financial policies.
- Coordinate closely with the Projects Coordinator, Finance Officer, and Communications Manager in Lebanon.
- Liaise with the Country Coordinators to follow up on the operation and produce a monthly report on the work progress on the on-going projects.
- Support in paperwork, including but not limited to, IRB applications, funding applications, reports, and basic research needs, among others.
- Conduct data entry into Excel sheets (or other software the researchers are using) from data collected from the field and manage all data.
- Create a database for the collected material appropriate for their national context.
- Participate in research and policy dialogue activities throughout the project and produce minutes of meetings.
- Support and follow up on the process to secure research permits as appropriate for the national contexts of the Country Coordinators.
- Coordinate with partner NGOs, actors or UN bodies, and conduct all the necessary administrative work such as drafting letters to official bodies, scheduling meetings, taking minutes.
- Assist the Lead Researcher as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed a graduate degree in a field of the social sciences relevant to the focus of this project, with a preference given to candidates who have managed projects with bodies serving forced migration.
- Demonstrated experience in writing through preparing reports, taking notes from meetings;
- Experience working independently, in cross-cultural contexts, and in a dynamic research team environment.
To apply, please send the following electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Operations Coordinator Jordan Application” by Oct 5th, 2021:
- Cover letter
- Names of two reference (only references of short-listed candidates will be contacted)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to make arrangements for an interview.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies offers equal opportunities for all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental needs.