The Centre for Lebanese Studies at the Lebanese American University
in partnership with the Centre for Development and Emergency Practice (CENDEP)
at Oxford Brookes University is organizing an academic conference entitled:
This event has been POSTPONED
The theme for the 2019 Conference in Beirut is youth marginalization, education and labour market trajectories in the MENA region.
The aim of this academic conference is to bring together leading researchers and high-level policy makers to discuss and propose creative solutions to reverse the brain drain, address the refugee crisis and enhance education and labour market outcomes for all. Papers can address one or more of the following themes:
- Skills shortages and labour market mismatch, looking at the individual, economic and/or welfare consequences of education and skills mismatch
- Social mobility and equality in access to quality education
- Youth marginalization and individual and economic costs to being neither in employment nor in education or training (NEET)
- The impact of legal and cultural status on education and labour market trajectories, including for refugees in PRS
- The school-to-work transition and the relationship between education and employment for refugees caught in protracted refugee situations
- High skilled migration and the brain drain
- Disability and employment
For visa information, visit the General Directorate of General Security:
Or visit the Lebanese Embassy in your country.
For any invitation letter, kindly contact the Centre for Lebanese Studies at the Lebanese American University firstname.lastname@example.org
Single Room USD 90+%11 VAT including buffet breakfast, WIFI, free access to gym, and outdoor swimming pool.
Double Room USD 100+%11 VAT including buffet breakfast, WIFI, free access to gym, and outdoor swimming pool.
Tel: +961 1803 804